This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Process Substitution / Named Pipes in cygwin 1.7.11-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 17:33:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: Process Substitution / Named Pipes in cygwin 1.7.11-1
- References: <4F79BF13.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 2 17:00, Sven Severus wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am running Cygwin DLL 1.7.11-1 and the bash command
> "cat < <(echo 1234)" (not very profound, ok) works fine on
> my Win7-64 box.
> Now I installed the same Cygwin release on an older PC
> running WinXP: the above command does not execute
> properly and breaks with the error message
> "bash: /dev/fd/62: No such file or directory".
Does /dev/fd exist and is it a symlink to /proc/self/fd?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple