This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] New packages: avahi, mDNSResponder
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 21:49:14 -0500
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New packages: avahi, mDNSResponder
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The following packages have been added to the Cygwin distribution:
Avahi and mDNSResponder provide a DNS-SD implementation for *NIX
systems. If you want to actually use this functionality, you must do
1) Install the 'avahi' package and its dependencies.
2) If the Bonjour Service is not listed in services.msc (it is installed
by several well-known Windows programs), download and install it. Once
present, make sure it is set to start automatically.
3) Install the D-Bus system service by running messagebus-config as an
4) Install the Avahi system service by running
/usr/sbin/avahi-daemon-config as an Administrator.
5) Start the messagebus and avahi-daemon services with `cygrunsrv -S' or
via services.msc, or reboot.
This is explained further on my blog:
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message. Send email to the address specified
there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple