This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd not doing key based authentication
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Rurik Christiansen <rurikc at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 15:26:39 +0400
- Subject: Re: sshd not doing key based authentication
- References: <4F7C0884.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Rurik Christiansen!
> I'm trying to make sshd to do key based authentication.
> I am guessing that is probably a problem of permissions but can't figure
> it out.
> All I found was this email:
> which basically says RTFM
> Well, I did RTFM, I followed the instructions. all looks OK as far as I
> can see but still no go.
> Any better suggestions much appreciated.
Read logs on both sides, of course.
The most common issue is access rights on key files.
> (running on Windows 7)
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 04.04.2012, <15:25>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple