This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows7 broke DRIVELETTER:/path on cmdline of non-cygwin exe
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: moss at cs dot umass dot edu, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 07:54:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: Windows7 broke DRIVELETTER:/path on cmdline of non-cygwin exe
- References: <20120403055503.GA6387@raf.org> <4F7AD7F3.email@example.com> <20120404003419.GA16890@raf.org> <4F7B9F99.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Eliot Moss wrote:
> Except you wrote F:/blah which is *not* a Windows
Sorry to call you out on this but you're spreading misinformation.
F:/blah is as much a Windows path as is F:\blah is. Open you cmd.exe
and type ``dir F:/blah'' to see that I'm correct. It is only some
stupid API like CreateProcess that insist on \ instead of / for the
path delimiter. Nearly everything else works with / instead of \.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple