This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin Setup - Post Install Script Errors Unknown Package bash.sh exit code 1
- From: Family Moreno <bam_mm_bam2 at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 06:47:39 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Cygwin Setup - Post Install Script Errors Unknown Package bash.sh exit code 1
- Reply-to: Family Moreno <bam_mm_bam2 at yahoo dot com>
I reccently wanted to start learning how to code. I bought a book which led me to the cygwin site.
It asked for me to install using the setup.exe and to also select the gcc core: C compiler, which I did. At the end of the installation I received an error or sorts.
Posinstall Script Error
Package: Unknown Package
??? ??? ??? ??? bash.sh exit code 1.
As far as I can see it installed correctly either way. I can open the cygwin terminal and it works fine.
From there it said to run:
But when I do I get an error on the terminal saying:
gcc: no file or directory found
gcc: no input file
I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling. I disabled my AV. I have added
c:\cygwin\bin to my Windows PATH using an elevated command prompt.
Thanks in advance, I am totally new to programming and I'm not even sure if I
navigated the Cygwin page correctly, but I did try my best.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple