This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.13
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 17:25:04 +0200
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.13
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released 1.7.13. This is mainly a bugfix release, especially
to fix two braindead bugs I introduce in 1.7.12. Two new features
crept in, though.
- mkpasswd and mkgroup now try to print an entry for the TrustedInstaller
account existing since Windows Vista/Server 2008.
- Terminal typeahead when switching from canonical to non-canonical mode
is now properly flushed.
- getpass(3) now reads from and writes to/dev/tty in the first place,
and only falls back to stdin and stderr if opening /dev/tty fails.
- Fix a bug in execve, which results in wrongly handling arbitrary
Cygwin executables as native, non-Cygwin executables.
- Fix a bug in the new /dev code which disallowed to create files
under /dev, even if /dev is backed by an existing /dev directory
on disk. This could result in misbehaving postinstall scripts.
- (Hopefully) fix a bug in /etc/passwd code which could result in
reading unrelated home path entries when accessing the "unknown
user account" entry (account name "????????").
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple