This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: How best to update Cygwin if setup.exe has been deleted?
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, 'Josh O'Brien' <joshmobrien at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 19:16:17 -0400
- Subject: RE: How best to update Cygwin if setup.exe has been deleted?
- References: <CAOwKfPRtU64pGVHwt6U8Uy5yPnNvUSURBe5ejwGKOBG9c=wHGA@mail.gmail.com>
Josh O'Brien sent on April 08, 2012 6:44 PM
>I am running Cygwin 1.77(0.230/5/3), and would like to update it to
>the most recent version. Unfortunately, I deleted setup.exe after the
>initial install, not understanding that it'd be important to keep it
Not important to keep. Perfectly alright to delete.
>Given that setup.exe is gone, is there a good way (short of a full
>reinstall) for me to update the existing install?
Go to http://cygwin.com/ and click on one of the links to < setup.exe >.
They point to < http://cygwin.com/setup.exe >. This will download
You might want to read < http://cygwin.com/install.html > and
< http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html#internet-setup >.
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple