This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Ctrl-C issue for Windows program
- From: "Thrall, Bryan" <bryan dot thrall at flightsafety dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "Thrall, Bryan" <bryan dot thrall at flightsafety dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:49:07 -0500
- Subject: RE: Ctrl-C issue for Windows program
- References: <CAJyLC6uq04KFo=m0u77JeeFdb4HejAnJ1ra1ffuNkymEySz==Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAJyLC6t3qa5n__Zdqih4MDPxukSMc3t+Qp2dRYj6XdK3ypEeBg@mail.gmail.com>
Wm. David Bentlage wrote on 2012-04-13:
> I run locally-developed Windows console program via mintty/cygwin.
> I've noticed a problem with Ctrl-C in mintty 1.0.3 not terminating my
> app. ?The problem came about with my switching to "CYGWIN_NT-5.1 pc
> 1.7.10(0.259/5/3) 2012-02-05 12:36 i686 Cygwin".? Ctrl-C just makes
> the window hang.? /bin/kill -f cannot kill the task either.? I can
> kill my Windows program via task manager.
> mintty 1.0.3 and Ctrl-C on "CYGWIN_NT-5.2 server 1.7.9(0.237/5/3)
> 2011-03-29 10:10 i686 Cygwin" works fine.? On 1.7.10 or "CYGWIN_NT-5.2
> server 1.7.13(0.260/5/3) 2012-04-05 12:43 i686 Cygwin" Ctrl-C does
> not.? In addition, rxvt has the same change in Ctrl-C behavior with
> the introduction of 1.7.10.
> Can the functionality of Ctrl-C please be restored?
Cygwin 1.7.12 has a fix for Ctrl-C handling:
Hope this helps!
Principal Software Engineer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple