This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc: turning off large-address awareness
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 12:37:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: gcc: turning off large-address awareness
- References: <4F896504.email@example.com>
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
> For testing purposes, I'd like to build without large-address awareness.
> ÂWhat's the right way to do that? ÂI tried
> Â LDFLAGS=-Wl,--no-large-address-aware
> Â LDFLAGS=-Wl,--disable-large-address-aware
> but both resulted in "unrecognized option" errors from ld.
You specify --large-address-aware if you want it and don't specify if
you don't want it. I see nothing to reverse the option.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple