This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: _autorebase. Call rebaseall after installing new or updated DLLs
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:59:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: _autorebase. Call rebaseall after installing new or updated DLLs
- References: <announce.20120327153750.GM30721@calimero.vinschen.de> <87fwcslaa6.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <20120329080315.GZ30721@calimero.vinschen.de> <loom.20120418T124833email@example.com> <20120418140123.GB29332@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <878vhtyrpl.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 05:39:34PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>Christopher Faylor writes:
>> I guess I have to respond to this every time it comes up.
>> cygwin-apps is SUPPOSED TO BE read only in gmane. It's a
>> subscriber-post-only mailing list. If we opened the list up to every
>> random user of gmane it would completely defeat the purpose of this
>All I'm asking is that _subscribers_ (I already am subscribed to
>cygwin-apps) be able to post through Gmane. That's the "private" option
>in Gmane, "read-only" means _nobody_ can post.
Ok, then, let me amend what I said. If you have issues with gmane then
take it up with gmane. There's no reason to mention gmane issues in the
cygwin lists. We obviously don't control gmane. It's off-topic and
If you can't bring yourself use email to participate in a cygwin-apps
thread then don't move the thread here. That's just rude.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple