This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why /usr/bin/*.dll must be executable?
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: dejian dot zhao at gmail dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 20:06:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: Why /usr/bin/*.dll must be executable?
- References: <4F915E65.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 20/04/2012 14:02, De-Jian Zhao wrote:
> When I type "cyg" and Tab, many executables starting with "cyg" are listed
> (Display all 262 possibilities? (y or n) y). I find that many of them are
> *.dll libraries under /usr/bin/. This is inconvenient to find the real
> executable applications (*.exe).
'export EXECIGNORE=*.dll' is a cygwin extension to bash to tell it you don't
want to see those pesky dlls.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple