This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Odd behavior of scripts in dos mode
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:26:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: Odd behavior of scripts in dos mode
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> I remember that Cygwin used to not be able to run scripts that were
> converted or were in "DOS" mode - had trailing carriage returns in the file.
> It would fail because the #! line might have /bin/bash\r which was not a
> file (bash with a carriage return that is). But the behavior has changed.
> Now it seems to ignore the trailing carriage return and it execs bash
> itself. But it fails later on with other carriage returns.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple