This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rebase-4.1.0-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:47:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rebase-4.1.0-1
- References: <20120327083621.GA30721@calimero.vinschen.de> <4F990C2A.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 26 10:49, KJ wrote:
> I've installed CygWin in the root directory "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\CygWin" (I know that it's not recommended to use spaces in the
> directory names), but my installation worked so far.
> I'd like to suggest a minor change when calling the _autorebase package.
> As far as I could see setup.exe calls
> 'cmd.exe /c C:\Program Files
> (x86)\CygWin\etc\postinstall\autorebase.bat'. This command fails because
> of the spaces in the directory name. It would be great if the command
> following the /c switch could be enclosed into double quotes and the
> command would succeed.
Thanks for the hint. This is generic behaviour in setup.exe. I changed
setup to add quotes around the filename in all script calls in
postinstall or preremove. This will be in the next setup.exe version.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple