This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Getting rid of deprecated /usr/X11R6 tree
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:35:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: Getting rid of deprecated /usr/X11R6 tree
- References: <email@example.com>
On 27/04/2012 15:52, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> By now there are only 3 packages left which install to the deprecated
> /usr/X11R6 tree:
> X-start-menu-icons --> If Alexander does not update his package I would provide a new one
X-start-menu-icons has a lot more problems than using the old prefix, see .
We should probably just remove it and provide some suitable helpers to
encourage application packages to install their own start menu links.
> x2x --> what about this ?
I though this had already been removed, see 
> libXft1 --> should be obsoleted (nothing depends an it anymore)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple