This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
looking for informartion about directory names with trailing dots
- From: rick ratta <eratta at comcast dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:13:02 -0400
- Subject: looking for informartion about directory names with trailing dots
- Reply-to: eratta at comcast dot net
I would like to understand how cygwin can manipulate directories with
I looked at some of the source code and it looks like the windows api's
"GetFullPathName" and "FindFirstFile" are
But when I try and use those api's directly I cannot read the contents
of directories with a trailing dot.
I was shocked that Java also does not support reading directories with
trailing dots as well.
I'd appreciate an explanation or a place to look to read how cygwin
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple