This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Putting package directory in c:\Cygwin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 20:47:36 -0400
- Subject: Re: Putting package directory in c:\Cygwin
- References: <loom.20120429T010035firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:02:54PM +0000, Andy wrote:
>Putting the packages directly in c:\Cygwin is ill-advised because it shows up in
>the posix directory "/". It pollutes the directory with millions of package
>folders. But what if I create a folder c:\Cygwin\LocalPkgs and stick them in
>there? From the 10,000 foot perspective, it certainly would be a lot more
>organized to have all cygwin stuff in one windows folder.
You can make a directory wherever you want. There is no such thing as a
"Windows folder" compared to a "Cygwin folder". They are all just
regular old Windows directories.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple