This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: parrot-4.3.0-1, rakudo and rakudo-star-201204-1 (perl6)
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 14:02:56 -0500
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: parrot-4.3.0-1, rakudo and rakudo-star-201204-1 (perl6)
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I updated the Cygwin distributions of parrot-4.3.0-1,
rakudo-201204.1-1 (aka perl6) and rakudo-star-201204-1
These are stable, a so-called "supported" releases.
* blizkost (perl5 in perl6) is gone.
* winxed and nqp is new, parrot-nqp is an old version unfortunately
required to bootstrap.
maybe we'll add a new nqp package somewhen.
* you need at least 2GB free RAM and an initialized rebase database to rebuild
New in parrot
+ Winxed snapshot updated to 1.7.0
+ Add type introspection to lexical variables.
+ New 'tools/release/parrot_github_release.pl' script to automate
updates to the 'parrot.github.com' and 'parrot-docsx' repositories.
+ Numerous casting and consting fixes thanks to GCC 4.8 .
+ Updated 'docs/projects/release_manager_guide.pod'
+ Updated 'docs/projects/release_parrot_github_guide.pod'
+ Improved function documentation.
+ Fixed alignment issues on ia64, sparc and mipsel.
+ Fixed a platform-specific issue with dlclose().
rakudo release announcement:
* much improved startup time
* much more robust module precompilation
* autovivification for arrays and hashes is implemented again
* many phasers like PRE, POST and REDO are now implemented
* improved support for calling C functions and modelling structs and arrays
* now includes modules URI, LWP::Simple, jsonrpc and Bailador (a Perl 6 port
This release also contains a range of bug fixes, improvements to error
reporting and better failure modes. Many more exceptions are thrown
as typed exceptions.
notable incompatible changes from the previous releases:
* the ‘lib’ directory is not included in the default module search path
anymore. You can manipulate the search path with the PERL6LIB environment
http://cpanel.net/ ? http://www.perl-compiler.org/
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple