This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bad performance when opening many files on Win7
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 13:53:30 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: bad performance when opening many files on Win7
- References: <874ns6z0cr.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <4F9A0FFB.email@example.com> <87y5ph4t4z.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <loom.20120427T103825firstname.lastname@example.org> <loom.20120508T150823email@example.com>
Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> NexGo.DE> writes:
> How does one get suitable entries for /etc/group on these?
As per the description in the Cygwin UG "ntsec" chapter, I've created an entry
for "Everyone", which incidentally revealed what Cygwin associated with that
pesky "????????" user that was shown in ~-expansion. Unfortunately, performance
did not improve.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple