Re: mintty suggestion

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 4:39 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:

> On 2012-05-10 22:16, Andy Koppe wrote:
>> As far as I know, Windows doesn't have a way to set different titles
>> for a window and its taskbar button.
>
> It is do-able, but it's not simple.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4627772/set-a-taskbar-text-different-from-the-window-title-in-wpf

And to quote a responder from that thread:

[QUOTE]this is non-standard behavior, and you should have a darn good
reason for doing this.[/QUOTE]

I don't consider this a good reason, dam or otherwise, to try to
implement.  The mintty window title changes assuming that PS1 is set
to change it with the directory change or some other method.  The
mouse over on the task bar icon will give the full title of the
window.  I don't see this as an issue.

--
Earnie