Re: [feature] alias "more" to "less"

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 08:39:22AM -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>On 05/11/2012 01:33 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> It seems that pretty much all unixes alias "more" to "less" these days.
>> It would be very nice if that was the default behaviour of cygwin.
>>
>> Would save me from constantly wondering why nothing is happening when
>> I type
>> "more ...."
>> on a newly installed box :-)
>>
>> Thanks for all the great work, cygwin is a great help in a lot of places!
>
>I second this!
>Granted I know how to alias more to less and I do so for my environment.
>But I'm often working in or helping others in Cygwin in their
>environment and most people, let's face it, have no environment and fear
>the command line so!

If you want to help others in your environment then create your own
helper scripts to do so.

If you want an alias then create one.  If you actually want more then
install it.  It is in the distro.  We're not going to do something
different from Linux just because your customers fear the command line
and can't be bothered to add their own aliases.  People presumably
trundle along on Fedora, Gentoo, and SUSE just fine so they should be
able to surmount this obstacle on Cygwin too.

I am not adding a symlink for more.

cgf