Re: 1.7.15-1: pthread_cancel and pthread_kill not working as expected

Hi Otto,

On May 21 14:44, Otto Meta wrote:
> > Would you mind to provide *simple* testcases to allow easy debugging
> > of your observations?
>
> I reduced the various tests to three rather simple individual testcases
> because those show possibly different bugs.

Thanks!

> Testcase cancel deferred:
> Works with 1.7.9 and 20120517 snapshot, fails (hangs) with 1.7.12-1
> and 1.7.15-1.

If that works in the snapshot anyway, I'm not going to look into that
one.

> Testcase cancel asynchronous:
> Async cancel seems to have no effect with any tested version.

I think I found a solution for this problem.  See the comment in the
patch at
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygwin/thread.cc.diff?cvsroot=src&r1=1.258&r2=1.259

Please test the today's developer snapshot.

> Testcase signal/kill:
> Signals may or may not reach the correct thread with 1.7.12-1 and newer.

Confirmed.  I think the reason is that we only have a single event to
signal that a POSIX signal arrived instead of a per-thread event, but
I'm not sure.  This is cgf's domain so I leave it at that for now.

Corinna

Red Hat