Re: bash under emacs gives "cannot set terminal process group"

On 6/25/2012 4:46 PM, sethflash wrote:

I just updated my cygwin and also have the same problem under ntemacs. Following another suggestion somewhere I recompiled bash eliminating the test for using a pty in jobs.c (line 3703) and I no longer get the error, but I still can't terminate or suspend any jobs. Very hard to use the shell if you can't kill a job. :)

Does anyone have any solutions or know if anyone is working on this?

One solution is to use Cygwin's emacs instead of native Windows emacs. I don't know of anyone who is working on other solutions.

Ken Brown
Cygwin's emacs maintainer