This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 00:16:26 +0200
- Subject: /dev/clipboard corrupted
If the clipboard contains large data, the contents retrieved from
/dev/clipboard gets corrupted.
I compared the following in a few cases:
* cat /dev/clipboard or cp /dev/clipboard (which are equal)
* mouse-paste into mintty, read with cat
* read /dev/clipboard within application
and I found all three results to be different, the correct one sometimes
being cat /dev/clipboard but not always.
In today's case, the differences occured at byte 10240 and 65536
respectively, thus 10K-1 bytes or 64K-1 bytes being equal.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple