This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Inconsistence on file operation when the name already exists with exe extension
- From: Aaron Schneider <notstop at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 20:19:26 +0000
- Subject: RE: Inconsistence on file operation when the name already exists with exe extension
- References: <BLU152-W250F4120B3650DBD65E5D2CEEC0@phx.gbl>
--On an empty dir--:
touch file doesn't create the corresponding file.
cp helpp file
cp: can't create regular file «file»: File exists
On rm file it removes the file.exe instead of saying file not found.
Is this behavior intended? This is not unix like, the filename should be preserved as is
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple