Re: Differences between C++ 'new' operator and 'malloc()' (NOT a C/C++ question)

Csaba Raduly wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Claude SIMON  wrote:
> (snip)
>> Since my last testings, I updated Cygwin, the JDK and the JRE. So, my
>> current configuration is now :
>>
>> Windows Vista 32 bits SP2
>> Cygwin 1.7.15
>> g++ 4.5.3
>> javac 1.7.0_05
>> javah 1.7.0_05
>> java 1.7.0_05
>>
>> When running the test case, I now have :
>>
>> $ java jcmc
>> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: H:\cvs\epeios\bugs\jcmc\jcmc.dll:
>> L'accÞs
>> Ó cet emplacement de la mÚmoire n'est pas valide
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
>>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>>         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
>>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
>>         at jcmc.main(jcmc.java:9)
>>
>> There is a French message which roughly means "The access to this memory
>> location is not valid"
>>
>> I updated the test case to reflect your changes :
>>         - 'Makefile' now generates the '.h' file,
>>         - 'Makefile' does no more contain the '--stdcall-alias' linker
>> flag,
>>         - the '.cpp' contains now the `extern "C"' directive,
>>         - the '.h' is removed from test case, since it's now generated
>> by the 'Makefiile'.
>
> This sounds a bit like my JNI problem:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-07/msg00043.html

It's worse, as in my case, the component isn't even loaded !

You should try the 'MinGW' compiler, as I did.
With the 'default' Cygwin compiler, I never manage to have a working Java
native component. But with the 'MinGW' compiler, my Java native component
finally works !

--
Claude SIMON
http://zeusw.org/