This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: line.exe is missing
- From: Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 03:26:09 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: line.exe is missing
- References: <004e01cd67a3$45ca04d0$d15e0e70$@de>
Paul Maier writes:
> after upgrading Cygwin the file /bin/line.exe is not there any more.
> It used to be there.
> Could you please check what has happened to this file?
On the main Cygwin web page, to the left side there is a link to "Search
Packages". If you click that link and in the resulting search dialog put
"/line.exe$" (that's a regular expression) you'll find that line.exe is in the
util-linux package. Run setup.exe and install that package. Or if it is
already installed, reinstall it. I don't know which package it used to be in
your prior installation.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple