Re: Cygwin fresh install imports Windows PATH which includes spaces causing errors

On 7/24/2012 1:35 PM, Aaron Schneider wrote:
On 24/07/2012 18:08, Christopher Faylor wrote:

You must be running a non-cygwin make.

That said, however, make does not deal well with spaces in file
specifications.  If something is actually parsing a PATH environment
variable then it could cause problems.

You're right, I know what caused the problem, a window's system path (not user's path) that includes the make.exe

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symbian\tools\make.exe

Since there wasn't /usr/local/bin/make or /usr/bin/make just searched on paths imported from windows.
There'd be a /bin/make if you installed it...

   $ which make
   /bin/make

IMHO it's always better to go with a Cygwin way of doing things instead of installing some Unix/Linux thing through some Windows port like this Symbian\tools thing...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Some people just don't know how to drive, I call these people "Everybody But Me."