This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dos2unix 6.0.1-1
- From: Erwin Waterlander <waterlan at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 08:36:28 +0200
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dos2unix 6.0.1-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
CHANGES SINCE LAST RELEASE:
New upstream release.
* Update Spanish translations.
* Update manual.
This is an update of Benjamin Lin's implementations of dos2unix and
unix2dos. Benjamin Lin's implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos are part
of several Linux distributions such as RedHat, Fedora, Suse, Gentoo and
others. This update includes all RedHat patches and fixes several other
problems. Internationalization has been added and ports to DOS, Windows,
Cygwin and OS/2 Warp have been made.
These implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos have been modelled after
dos2unix/unix2dos under SunOS/Solaris. They have similar conversion modes,
namely ascii, 7bit and iso. The first versions were made by John Birchfield
in 1989, and in 1995 rewritten from scratch by Benjamin Lin. Mac to Unix
conversion was added by Bernd Johannes Wuebben in 1998, Unix to Mac by
Erwin in 2010.
* Native language support: Dutch, English, Esperanto, German, Spanish.
* Automatically skips binary and non-regular files
* In-place, paired, or stdio mode conversion.
* Keep original file dates option.
* 7-bit and iso conversion modes like SunOS dos2unix.
* Conversion of Windows UTF-16 files to Unix UTF-8.
license: 2-clause BSD (FreeBSD)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple