Re: imagemagick errors under cygwin on 64-bit Win 7 system

On Aug 14 10:56, Paul Thompson wrote:

> > Wow.  That's rather unexpected.  Unfortunately the error code -2 is just
> > an artefact, not the actual error code.  I fixed that in CVS.  Did you
> > try if rebaseall fixes this issue?
> >

> OK, I just learned about rebaseall. I am not actually on the machine
> in question, and will try this tonight. I will report tomorrow on
> results.
>
> I will say that I did just do a fresh install of cygwin for this.
> Should cygwin work straight out of the box, or is the rebaseall needed
> to tailor to specific machine?

There's autorebase, which is called from setup, but the method is not
entirely foolproof.  If you installed exactly once and then don't start
setup again unless new packages are available, you're ok, but if you
start setup a couple of times to install more packages you forgot in
the first run, then autorebase won't be triggered and the DLLs installed
in the subsequent setup runs won't be rebased.  A manual rebaseall
will fix that.

Corinna

Red Hat