Re: Strange behaviour of mutt.exe

On 2012-09-07, Stepan Yakovenko wrote:
> HI!
>
> To reproduce the problem, launch mutt from command line:
> mutt -f cygwin.mutt.glitch.eml
>
> open mail and press 'v' to view attachmets. Then press 's' to save
> attachment. Result of saving is different on linux and windows (see
> files attached). Specially, on windows this file has extra B character
> after 'Done:' substring. Looks like a bug. Is there anyone who may
> want to fix it?

The only difference I see between the two attachments att.cygwin and
att.linux is that the former is encoded as UTF-8 while the latter is
encoded as Latin1.  (The latter could have been encoded as something
else, but its encoding is consistent with Latin1.)  That difference
affects the encoding of three non-breaking spaces:

    - between "> >" and " can"
    - after "PS:"
    - after "Done:"

The non-breaking space is 0xa0 in Latin1 and 0xc2a0 in UTF-8.  I
think that 0xc2 is being rendered as a B in whatever you're using to
view that file.  The only problem is that that viewer doesn't know
it's looking at UTF-8.

Regards,
Gary