Re: Can't find executable

Frank P Esposito writes:
> Hello -- I am not sure where to start, but I have a bash shell script
> in bin directory, which is a sub-dir of home
>
> I have a shell script in it call see
>
> I type
>
> which see
>
> and I get the location of the the file
>
> I then type see
>
> and get an error message it could not be read or its missing -- I
> there someway to trace this?

This is not Cygwin-specific.  In general, if you're in the directory where the
script/program/whatever foo is, tell bash ./foo to run it.  If it's in a
different directory, prefix the name of the thing with the path to get to it
from wherever you are in the directory tree.

I'm pretty sure if you typed exactly what 'which' output, it would work.  If
not, please show us what it output and what you're typing.

..mark