Re: gnome and hicolor exit code 127 for /usr/bin .vs. /bin

> the following paragraph.

> > the scripts are not incorrect. They works for almost everyone,
> > but there is a unknown glitch on you machine,
> > eventually it is only a "false" return error that fools setup.exe.
>
> Before I do the alternate installation suggested, is there anything
> I may do to help debug the "unknown glitch".  It is very consistent
> on my Windows XP Pro
> (SP3) system (3.33 GHz, 4 GB memory).  If there is some log file, or
> other diagnostic I could run while executing setup?

I've done a little more testing and the 127 return code is coming from the "/usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache --force
/usr/share/icons/..." command line in the scripts.  I get the 127 error message even if I run this command from the
command line.  This call is supposed to update the icon cache file with the latest entries.  The icon-theme.cache file
does exist for both the hicolor and gnome directories.  It appears that gtk-update-icon-cache does not return a zero exit
code; but I don't see any reason for the 127 (file not found) error.