Re: Emacs crashing on C-x C-g

On 01/10/2012 3:07 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 10/1/2012 2:51 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
I'm hitting a strange behavior with emacs lately, where hitting C-x C-g
[1] sometimes causes it to quit instantly: no request to save files, no
seg fault, no error message, just gone (have to reset the terminal to
clear out emacs' ncurses settings). It invariably happens after I've
been away from the terminal for a while (days) and then come back use it
again.

has anyone else had this happen to them?
I haven't seen it, and I do leave emacs running for days or weeks. But I almost always run emacs under X, not in a terminal. Also, I generally use the latest Cygwin snapshot. Have you tried that? Maybe you're being bitten by the /etc problem that Corinna fixed in late July (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-07/msg00666.html).
OK, I'll give the snapshot a try when I get a chance.

Ryan