Re: Fifo blocking and performance issues

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM, bob wrote:
> While this hack works the performance under Cygwin is orders of
> magnitude slower than the equivalent Linux performance.
>
> Any suggestions on how we can achieve a higher performance blocking read on a
> Cygwin RDWR fifo?

You expect too much, it is Windows under the hood and no one but
Microsoft can change that performance issue.  Windows alone (meaning
without Cygwin) is orders of magnitude slower than Linux.  Cygwin adds
another layer of slowness just because of the emulation required.  You
might get a tweak or two of milliseconds by modifying some underlying
code but you're not going to get too much more.

--
Earnie