Re: bash very slow in cygwin 1.7.16-1 Win7/64 bit

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:04 AM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@freemail.ru> wrote:
> This suggest that you're looking into wrong direction, and real culprit is
> something you didn't caught yet.
> Try HijackThis http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/ to see if there's any
> suspicious handlers installed in your system.
> Or you may send the logfile to me (off-list!) and I'll try to look for clues
> myself.

I think I've found the culprit! "Browser Manager"

http://www.explosiveknowledge.net/main/2012/08/19/browsemngr/

This was a bear to get rid of, but I believe cygwin is back to full
performance now.

I'm usually very good at avoiding adware; somehow this one slipped
through the cracks.

Adam