Re: gnome and hicolor exit code 127 for /usr/bin .vs. /bin

On 10/6/2012 6:27 PM, Charles wrote:

Charles,

first: do not TOP post
http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html

it is really annoying.

Marco,

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, Please read Brian's October 5, 2012
message. Half way through he raises the corrupt perl man pages issue -
only it occured at the GA Tech site.

if you prefer, you drifted to an unrelated issue: "corrupt perl man" has no relevance with "gnome and hicolor exit code 127"

in the first case the package file is damaged, in the second case
the setup post-installation script is not working as expected.

In my original message I requested that it be redirected or that someone tell me the proper procedure.

I wasn't sure it there may have been a problem that went beyond VA
Tech's site.

Also, I checked the Cygwin "Reporting Problems" web site and found no
mention about contacting mirror site maintainers. Rather the
instructions state "If you can't determine if you've discovered a bug .
. . send a detailed description . . . to the appropriate mailoing list."

Perhaps the "Reporting Problems" needs to be more clear on this.

Charlie

More or less this should belong to the Internet FAQ.

Mirror (for most software) are provided by third party not related
to original developers. They usually mirrors a lot of different
software and the content is not controlled by the original site.

On the page
http://mirror.cs.vt.edu/

you will find their contact information, and also the note :
"We have begun mirroring the Cygwin Project"

So it is likely they have some initial glitch.

Regards Marco