Re: Registry keys not only accessible when user

On 10/9/2012 2:37 PM, julien2412 wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to compile LibreOffice on Windows but configuration tool search
some keys on /proc/registry/HKLM which appear only if I launch Cygwin with
Admin rights. (Visual Studio/VCExpress keys).

How to workaround launching Cygwin with admin rights and still access these
registry keys?

Windows won't let programs run by unprivileged users manipulate this registry hive. If you only need read access, you will need to change the configuration tool to drop the permissions it does not need. If you do that, then what you're doing should work. Note that this isn't Cygwin- specific. You'd see this same issue even if you removed Cygwin from the equation.

--
Larry