Re: Registry keys not only accessible when user

Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote
> On Oct  9 23:32, julien2412 wrote:
>> 1) Why with no admin rights, ls /proc/registry doesn't map all the keys?
>> After all, the goal is just to read only
>> 2) Is there a way to have access to any registry keys without admin
>> rights
>> and without using regtool?
>
> If you could show us examples, we might even be able to look into
> this problem, *if* it is a problem.  I just tried the following on
> Windows 7 as an UAC-restricted admin:
> Now, if you could give us some details from your side, we might be
> able to see a pattern.

I'm not at home to test again but here is a quotation of what I had post on
dev mailing list of LibreOffice
(http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Registry-keys-for-Windows-compilation-td3521322.html)
"
For example, there's nothing there :
/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VCExpress
And there's nothing cause permissions aren't ok :
ls -l /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/
d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VBExpress
d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VCExpress
d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VCSExpress
But I can't succeed in adding +rx on these directories. When I look at
authorizations on Windows registry, it's the same as Mediaplayer which
appears like this on Cygwin :
dr-x------  3 SYSTEM   SYSTEM 0 Sep  2  2009 MediaPlayer
"

Julien