latex no longer works after update

Hello,

yesterday, I did an update of cygwin with setup.exe and now latex stopped
working at all. It just silently doesn't do anything at all, no matter what
type of input or options I give it. Not even "latex --version" gives me any
output anymore.

I found http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-04/msg00599.html but changing the
PATH variable don't seem to help at all.

I have attached output of cygcheck.

Any hints what might be screwed up here?