Re: latex no longer works after update

On 10/10/2012 10:20 AM, Josef Wolf wrote:
Hello,

yesterday, I did an update of cygwin with setup.exe and now latex stopped
working at all. It just silently doesn't do anything at all, no matter what
type of input or options I give it. Not even "latex --version" gives me any
output anymore.

I found http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-04/msg00599.html but changing the
PATH variable don't seem to help at all.

I have attached output of cygcheck.

Any hints what might be screwed up here?

First, reboot. If you still see the problem, stop all Cygwin processes and reinstall the cygwin package. If you still have problems after that look at the output of 'cygcheck latex'. You should find one or more DLLs that it says it cannot find. Check which package has those DLLs (via cygcheck -p or <http://cygwin.com/packages/>) and (re)install them.

--
Larry