Re: Registry keys not only accessible when user

Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote
> On Oct 10 03:17, julien2412 wrote:
>> For example, there's nothing there :
>> /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VCExpress
>> And there's nothing cause permissions aren't ok :
>> ls -l /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/
>> d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VBExpress
>                    ^^^^^^^^^^^
> These uid and gid look fishy.  Your /etc/passwd and /etc/group files
> seem to be off.  Maybe that's the reason.  Regenerate your /etc/passwd
> and /etc/group files:
>
>   $ mkpasswd -l [-d] > /etc/passwd
>   $ mkgroup -l [-d] > /etc/group
>
> Use the -d option only if you're in a domain.  For more information see
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mkpasswd
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mkgroup
>
> Then exit from your Cygwin shell and start again.  Any change?

I runned
  $ mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
  $ mkgroup -l > /etc/group
and restarted cygwin

Here are the results without admin rights:

$ ls -l /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/
total 0
dr-x------ 3 annie  None   0  8 avr.   2009 AudioCompressionManager
dr-x------ 5 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0 21 fÃvr.  2009 Direct3D
dr-x------ 3 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0 21 fÃvr.  2009 DirectDraw
dr-x------ 4 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0  7 fÃvr.  2009 Internet Explorer
dr-x------ 7 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0 29 fÃvr.  2012 Multimedia
dr-x------ 3 annie  None   0 22 fÃvr.  2009 RFC1156Agent

Here are the results with admin rights (I put V* at the end to reduce the
output):
$ ls -l /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/V*
/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VCExpress:
total 0
dr-x------ 60 Administrateurs None 0  1 oct.  20:25 9.0

/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VisualStudio:
total 0
dr-x------  3 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0  1 oct.  22:30 10.0
dr-x------  3 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0  7 fÃvr.  2009 3.5
dr-x------  4 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0  1 oct.  22:25 8.0
dr-x------ 14 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0  1 oct.  20:25 9.0
dr-x------  4 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0  1 oct.  20:25 SxS

/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VSA:
total 0
dr-x------ 3 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0  1 oct.  20:25 9.0

I didn't compare before and after but I think I've got a little more
directories now.

BTW, it was an Cygwin clean install made 1 week ago.

Julien