Re: latex no longer works after update

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 04:55:14PM +0200, marco atzeri wrote:
> in this case
>
> cygwin                                   1.7.16-1                      OK
[ ... ]
> DLL version: 1.7.15
>
> so if reboot does not work, than Josef you need to re-install the
> cygwin- 1.7.16-1   package

Yeah, the version mismatch was the problem. Reboot did not help, reinstalling
cygwin package did the trick. Thanks!

In addition, I had to reinstall the texlive-collection-latex package, because
pdftex.pool file was broken. I guess this was because the postinstall script
was run with the wrong version of cygwin DLL.

Now I'm a little bit unsure: is there any way to check which postinstall
scirpts were run with the wrong DLL version and might therefore have broken?
Probably not?