Re: latex no longer works after update

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 09:02:57AM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
> What does "which latex" say?

/usr/bin/latex

> Other curious things in your cygcheck output:
>
> >Warning: Mount entries should not have a trailing (back)slash

OK

> You might want to fix that.  But also:
>
> >c:\              /c         system  text
>
> ...repeat for multiple drives...
>
> >cygdrive prefix  /cygdrive  user    binary,auto
>
> You can probably simplify your fstab like so:
>
>     D:/cygwin/bin /usr/bin ntfs binary 0 0
>     D:/cygwin/lib /usr/lib ntfs binary 0 0
>     none / cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0
>
> The last line automatically gets rid of the "/cygdrive" path part,
> so all drive letters appear at the root of the Cygwin path tree.

I'm not sure I understand this. Should I remove all my fstab entries and
replace with the three lines shown above? Will I still be able to access the
drives with /c/foo/bar?

Furthermore: your example has this line:

     none / cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

while the original template had this line:

     none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

Which one is the correct one?

Here's how my fstab currently looks like:

  # For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
  # http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

  # This is default anyway:
  # none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0
  c:/ /c fat auto 0 0
  d:/ /d fat auto 0 0
  h:/ /h fat auto 0 0
  n:/ /n fat auto 0 0
  t:/ /t fat auto 0 0

> And I can't help but ask:
> >USER = 'dasbinich'

Nope. I just tried to hide some private information ;-)