Re: Cygwin for Windows 8

On 10/15/2012?Steve John wrote:
> I am looking for cygwin tool in Windows 8 platform.? When i execute
> the setup.exe (for installing cygwin in Windows 8 OS), i couldn't see
> any mirror sites for downloading cygwin tool in Windows 8 OS. Just
> wondering if the tool is supported for Windows 8, if yes, then could
> you please provide me the link to download cygwin tools for Windows 8?

I am running OK on Windows 8 release preview,
although 'cygcheck -c -v -s' does say:

Windows 8 (not yet supported!) Professional N Ver 6.2 Build 8400

Setup.exe (version 2.774) allowed me to choose a mirror site without problem.

The only problem I have encountered is the device files for
partitions (/dev/sda1, /dev/sda2, /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdb2 etc.) are
sometimes the wrong size or not even present. I don't know if
this is a Windows 8 only problem with cygwin.