signalfd support

Since the performance of Cygwin fifos is orders of magnitude poorer than the
equivalent Linux implementation,  I've been trying to find an alternative to
fifos in my Cygwin port.

One possibility is to use a combination of real time signals (which queue) and
signalfd to provide a select()'able interface to those signals.   Early test
code on Linux shows promise.

I did a quick check and it doesn't appear that Cygwin supports the signalfd
(or eventfd) interface.   Are there any plans to include this?    If not what
should I look at that Cygwin does support that could provide similar
functionality?

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

bob