mysteriously, /home always mounted at C:/Users/jbeard/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft

Hi,

I had installed a 3PP distribution of OpenSSH, before installing
cygwin, and I'm now trying to recover from it. It seems this
application is known to cause trouble with cygwin installs:

The problem I'm seeing is that Cygwin is mounting /home at
C:/Users/jbeard/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft, instead of C:\cygwin\home.

Here is the output of mount:

$ mount
C:/Users/jbeard/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft on /home type ntfs (binary)
C:/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,auto)
C:/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,auto)
C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,auto)
C: on /cygdrive/c type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
H: on /cygdrive/h type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
P: on /cygdrive/p type nfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
Q: on /cygdrive/q type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
R: on /cygdrive/r type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
S: on /cygdrive/s type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
T: on /cygdrive/t type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
U: on /cygdrive/u type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
W: on /cygdrive/w type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
X: on /cygdrive/x type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
Y: on /cygdrive/y type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)

I've worked around this by editing /etc/passwd, but this doesn't fully
solve the problem, as I've altered my windows DOS path to use cygwin
executables, and these are also confused by the broken mount, which is
not handled by the /etc/passwd workaround.

I've tried editing /etc/fstab, which for some reason originally had
the following line:

C:/Users/jbeard/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft /home some_fs binary 0 0

I've now changed that line to:

C:/cygwin/home /home some_fs binary 0 0

I closed all of my cygwin sessions, but the change to /etc/fstab seems
to be ignored, as mount produces the same output.

Does anyone know why the change to /etc/fstab might not be propagating?

I'd appreciate any guidance anyone can offer. Thanks,

Jake