Re: Registry keys not only accessible when user

On Oct 10 11:19, julien2412 wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote
> > On Oct 10 03:17, julien2412 wrote:
> >> For example, there's nothing there :
> >> /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/VCExpress
> >> And there's nothing cause permissions aren't ok :
> >> ls -l /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/
> >> d---------  1      400    401 0 Nov 19 18:53 VBExpress
> >                    ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > These uid and gid look fishy.  Your /etc/passwd and /etc/group files
> > seem to be off.  Maybe that's the reason.  Regenerate your /etc/passwd
> > and /etc/group files:
> >
> >   $ mkpasswd -l [-d] > /etc/passwd
> >   $ mkgroup -l [-d] > /etc/group
> >
> > Use the -d option only if you're in a domain.  For more information see
> > http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mkpasswd
> > http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mkgroup
> >
> > Then exit from your Cygwin shell and start again.  Any change?
>
> I runned
>   $ mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
>   $ mkgroup -l > /etc/group
> and restarted cygwin
>
> Here are the results without admin rights:
>
> $ ls -l /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/
> total 0
> dr-x------ 3 annie  None   0  8 avr.   2009 AudioCompressionManager
> dr-x------ 5 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0 21 fÃvr.  2009 Direct3D
> dr-x------ 3 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0 21 fÃvr.  2009 DirectDraw
> dr-x------ 4 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0  7 fÃvr.  2009 Internet Explorer
> dr-x------ 7 SYSTEM SYSTEM 0 29 fÃvr.  2012 Multimedia
> dr-x------ 3 annie  None   0 22 fÃvr.  2009 RFC1156Agent

That's the full output?  Very strange.  On a clean W8 install I get 126
entries under that key, regardless whether I have full admin rights or
being admin running UAC-restricted, or running under a non-admin account.

Try this without admin rights:

  $ strace -o ls.trace /proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft
  $ grep 'stat_worker.*=' ls.trace > ls.stat.trace

and paste the content of ls.stat.trace into your reply.

Corinna

Red Hat