Re: signalfd support

On 2012-10-16 14:22, bob wrote:
In a previous posting a few weeks back I presented some test code which
illustrated the performance deficit in the current Cygwin fifo implementation (2
orders of magnitude slower than Linux on same hardware).      It was this
performance issue that led me on a search for an alternative synchronization

Rather than jumping through hoops to get Cygwin to work, why don't you just use one the built-in native facilities on windows?
Windows natively supports message queues, asynchronous IO and probably a whole host of other stuff that I don't know about.

You can even access the native Windows functionality while running the rest of your app under cygwin.