Re: Using dd command and copy

Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote
> Shouldn't diskpart do the trick?  The diskpart command is "rescan"

Thanks Corinna.

I found that "rescan" is not working BUT "remove" followed by "assigned" is
working!
e.g.
select volume d
remove letter d
assign letter=d

One thing I found it is interesting is, when I use "remove", the drive is
still there in the Control Panel Disk Management but no letter is assigned.
If I then use "assign", the drive is assigned with letter and the drive is
no longer empty!

I tried "rescan" or "sync -r/-e" (marco suggested) that both attempt to
flush the filesystem, the drive is still empty after flushing.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!