Re: real beginer

On 10/23/2012 6:35 PM, Trixie wrote:

I have liblapack-devel instaled and did ./configure and make . It took
some
time but it finished.
Did make finish successfully, returning a 0 status? Did you have a
bigdft.exe file? If you type "ls bigdft" do you see an executable?
(Note: The file's name is actually bigdft.exe but ls will list it as
bigdft).
/i type ls bigdft and there's "No such file or directory" and i cant
find
bigdft.exe file anywhere. That means install and make didnt finish well,
right?
Probably. You could do something like: make; echo "Status from make was
$?"

Ok, so here is one thing I have found out.

This package has init/locreg.f90 in one directory
and linear/locReg.f90 in another.  It places the .o
in the *same* directory.  The underlying Windows
file system does not support locreg.o and locReg.o
(names that differ in upper vs. lower case only)
in the same directory.  I am trying renaming one
of the files and manually changing the makefile
to see if it will build with suitable resolved
names.  But this is probably what happened to you,
and should be referred upstream to the purveyors
of the package.  It's an 'evil' thing to do because
it is not portable to platforms such as this and
tends to be confusing even on platforms where it
works ...

More once I see if where this change gets me ...

Eliot Moss